Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's beginning to look like winter


Today it is only in the 70's...brrrr...okay, okay, I am teasing my East Coast friends! However, it was in the mid-80's just a few days ago. Even though it feels like spring, if I look out my window (actually - sliding doors) of my condo it seems like the dead of winter. "Why?", you may ask. Because for some reason that I don't understand, the city of Long Beach has cut all the greenery of the tree in front of my view. It took them several hours and 4 men. They are continuing down the street with more trees. I know this because it is so loud.

The tree looks so sad. There used to be lots of birds in it and now it is bare. Plus, there is a street light across from me that is no longer blocked by the tree. It feels like it is daytime 24 hours a day in my bedroom, even with the curtains drawn. And with the lack of shade, my condo was still 70 degrees at midnight last night!

No comments: