Monday, January 05, 2009

Who needs a key?


I have this red fireproof box that has a Master lock on it. I've had it for years and years - I think since high school. Sometime during the move from Vinings to Kennesaw, I lost the key. So I moved it back to Vinings, across the country to CA and to my new place without being able to open it. For those of you keeping track, that's over 10 years that it has been locked.

The other day I decided I was going to open it, damn it! I tried wire cutters on every piece of metal I could attempt to cut. Too thick. I tried prying off the metal enclosure but I barely moved it. Finally, I thought maybe I can pick the lock. I did an internet search and sure enough I found an instructional video on YouTube. I was able to pick the lock with a paperclip in under 3 minutes!!!

Being extremely proud of my lock-picking prowess, I took some before and after pictures. Stormy also got very excited, hence the cat food all over the floor in the background!

No comments: