Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Naples Lights


My cousin Scott (aka Ford) came down to Long Beach to spend Christmas with me. As soon as it got dark, we made the trek to Naples (it’s about a mile from me) to see all the holiday lights by the canals. As usual, some of the homes went all out with a crazy amount of lights. Many homes had several decorated trees.
I forgot my tripod and just took very quick pictures as we walked by the homes. However, there are a few that turned out okay so I thought I’d share them with you…
lights on the water
   lit palm trees
holiday window

Although this one was very pretty, it reminds me of a display window for a shop.






fake snow
 This one had lots of fake snow in their display.
I guess that’s the closest thing to snow that 
Long Beach will ever see!!




 

love me some gnomes

disco christmas

This one had several disco balls and disco Christmas music  playing and a bubble machine. Steve Rubell would be so proud.







animals
Of course, there were lots of animals. Pictured above are some polar bears (that remind me of the coca cola bears), a Christmas frog that I snapped mainly for my Mother, two white swans, and the last house had penguins, three flying pigs with halos and Snoopy. There were lots of reindeer. This one below was one of my favorites.

reindeer

frosted trees
 The new trend in fake trees this year appears to be vintage-looking trees with frosted tips to look like snow. I think some of them are cashmere. I liked these because they were at least a little different, instead of being really full like all the ones I‘ve seen around, they were slim.



nutcrackers

Many nutcrackers in this window  display.







napping santa

I really love all the beachy Santas. I doubt that I’ll see many (if any) of these next year.
santa surfing












winnerHere’s one of the big winners.











Well, I hope you all enjoyed my pictures of the holiday lights in Naples!!
lots of love

4 comments:

Gretchen Wilson said...

Celine, these are great, thanks for sharing all of beautiful CA. I asked Scott to snap a few on his cell phone, but I'm sure they would be nothing like this and the story to boot. Thanks.

Hugs,
Gretchen

livininlb said...

Gretchen,
Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I wish I had a better camera because the pictures don't do justice to how many lights there were. I know that Scott did take some pictures of things that I didn't, so hopefully he'll forward those on to you. I know he took one specifically for Mike. I was glad to be able to share the day with him.
Celine

Arlene C said...

Wow, this is so cool. I wish I got a chance to see the lights.

Vagabonde said...

That must have been a wonderful evening. I like the frog, bien sur!